All faculty members can serve as advisers. If you would like to be a Math Major, ask your favorite professor to be your adviser. Faculty members usually welcome contact with undergraduates who have an interest in their subject.

Members of the advising committee can approve transfer credit and off-campus courses, and provide general information. They also assign advisers for math majors and minors.

The Undergraduate Committee

Name Room (in Hylan) Phone E-mail
Michael Gage 1010 5-9424 gagemath
Mark Herman 808 5-9414 hermanmath
Naomi Jochnowitz 1003 5-9423 whatmath
Frederick Cohen 1002 5-9411 cohfmath
Saul Lubkin 718 5-9426 lubkinmath

You can also receive major/minor advising and transfer credit permission from Kalyani Madhu, Hylan 815,

In order to obtain prior approval for transferring credit from a course that you plan to take at another university or college, bring a copy of the catalog description of the course with you when you come to see the adviser. If it is possible to obtain a syllabus for the course that is even better. The adviser will need this description in order to compare the course with the courses offered at this university -- it is not enough (or necessary) that the course has the same name.