|Office Hours:||Tuesday 2:00-3:00 or by appointment|
|E-mail:||et hier at math dot rochester dot e d u|
MTH 143- Calclulus III, Summer 2011- Course Home Page
MTH 164- Multivariable Calculus, Fall 2011- Course Home Page
Number theory, p-adic analysis, Banach algebras.
Cool/Random Math Links
- What is Riemann's Hypothesis?- An accessible and highly readable exposition of the most famous unsolved problem in mathematics.
- Terence Tao's blog- thoughts from the world's greatest active mathematician.
- Cut the knot- Compenium of cool math facts and puzzles.
- Who can name the bigger number?
- The Beauty of Roots
- "Polynomial Identification in Uniform and Operator Algebras," D. Ethier, T. Lindberg, and A. Luttman, Ann. Funct. Anal., 1 (2010), no. 1, pp. 105-122. (PDF)
- "Non-Uniform Mixing of Quantum Walks on Cycles," W. Adamczak, K. Andrew, L. Bergen, D. Ethier, P. Hernberg, J. Lin, and C. Tamon, Int. J. Quantum Inf., 5 (2007), no. 6, pp. 781-793. (PDF)