TILDEN TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, B.S.
PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, M.S. AND PH.D.
ACADEMIC POSITIONS :
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, HAVERFORD COLLEGE
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, FORDHAM UNIVERSITY
MEMBER, INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED STUDY
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
VISITING PROFESSOR, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN ONTARIO
PROFESSOR , UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER
CHAIR, UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER
UNIVERSITY SCHOLAR, UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
GOETHE PRIZE, UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
PAUL COHEN AWARD, UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
WOODROW WILSON FELLOW, PRINCETON UNIVERSITY
NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION FELLOW, PRINCETON UNIVERSITY
INVITED HOUR ADDRESS, ANNUAL MEETING OF THE AMERICAN MATHEMATICAL SOCIETY
UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER STUDENT'S ASSOCIATION TEACHER OF THE YEAR FINALIST
1. Homotopy theory modulo an odd prime, Princeton University Thesis, 1972.
2. Lie Algebras, coalgebras, and rational homotopy theory for nilpotent spaces, Pac. Jour. of Math., 74 (1978), 429-460.
3. The rational homotopy groups of complete intersections, Illinois Jour. of Math., 23 (1979), 175-182.
4. (with T. Miller) Formal and coformal spaces, Illinois Jour. of Math., 22 (1978), 565-580.
6. (with L. Taylor) Dolbeault homotopy theory, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., 245 (1978), 183-210.
7. (with F. Cohen and J. Moore) Torsion in homotopy groups, Ann. of Math., 109 (1979), 121-168.
8. (with F. Cohen and J. Moore) The double suspension and exponents of the homotopy groups of spheres, Ann. of Mth., 110 (1979), 549-565.
9. (with F. Cohen and J. Moore) Decompositions of loop spaces and applications to exponents, in Algebraic Topology, Aarhus, Springer-Verlag, 1979.
10. (with F. Cohen and J. Moore) Note on higher torsion in the homotopy groups of single suspensions, Illinois Jour. of Math., 1980.
11. Primary homotopy theory, Memoirs Amer. Math. Soc., Number 232, 1980.
12. 3-primary exponents, Math. Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc., 90 (1981), 63-83.
13. Properties of certain H-spaces, Quart. Jour. Math. Oxford (2), 34 (1983), 201-209.
14. (with F. Cohen, R. Cohen, and N. Kuhn) Bundles over configuration spaces, Pac. Jour. of Math., 104 (1983), 47-54.
15. (with P. Selick) Some examples of spaces with or without expontents, in Current Trends in Algebraic Topology, Canadian Math. Soc., 1981.
16. (with F. Cohen) A construction of p-local H-spaces, in Algebraic Topology, Aarhus, Springer-Verlag, 1983.
17. (with C. McGibbon) On the homotopy groups of a finite dimensional space, Comm. Math. Helv., 59 (1984), 253-257.
18. (with C. McGibbon) Various applications of H. Miller's theorem, in Contemporary Mathematics, Conference on Algebraic Topology in Honor of Peter Hilton, 37 (1985), 91-98.
19. (with F. Cohen) Note on desuspending the Adams map, Math. Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc., 99 (1986), 59-64.
20. (with F. Cohen and J. Moore) Exponents in homotopy theory, in Algebraic Topology and K-theory, Princeton Univ. Press, 1987, 3-34.
21. The exponent of a Moore space, in Algebraic Topology and K-theory, Princeton Univ. Press, 1987, 35-71.
22. (with J. Moore) A view of some aspects of unstable homotopy theory since 1950, in Homotopy Theory, London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Series, 117, Cambridge Univ. Press, 1987, 117-148.
23. (with W. Dwyer and H. Miller) Fibrewise competion and unstable Adams spectral sequences, Zabrodsky Memorial Volume of the Israel Jour. of Math., 1989.
24. (with J. Moore) Equivalence of Toda-Hopf invariants, Zabrodsky Memorial Volume of the Israel Jour. of Math., 1989.
25. Localization and connected covers of finite complexes, Proc. Cech Centennial Homotopy Theory Conference, Contemp. Math., AMS, 1995.
26. Product decompositions of the double loops on odd primary Moore spaces, submitted to Topology.
27. James-Hopf invariants, Anick's spaces, and the double loops on odd primary Moore spaces, submitted to Oxford Quarterly.
28. Rational homology of inverse limits and the space of tiny bubbles, in preparation.
GO BACK HOME
Clare DuBrock, Tilden Technical High School
Professor John C. Moore, Princeton University
Jill Magellan, Skating Institute of Rochester
Karen Courtland Kelly, Lake Placid Olympic Center